Sunday 17 June 2018

Creativity takes Courage by Simona



Hello everyone and happy Sunday...Simona's here for another tutorial...You may not know it but I LOVE Tags...in every size they might be...if I could, I would only create my projects on Tags...they are versatile, you could use them as bookmarks, or make mini Albums out of them...or a Home decor, like today's project, as my Tag is about 26 cm x 15,5 cm – that is about 10 ¼” x 6” .

I have used the beautiful 12x12 paper set 'Always together' by Craft o'Clock...first I have primed my paper using Clear Gesso, then a wash of White Gesso...Cut the upper corners to get the look of a 'proper tag' and punched a hole in the middle.
I have used these little 'color proof' squares as a guide to choose my colours palette...


I have added watered inks with a brush, drying between each layer, than added splashes of colours and a lot of stamping to build my background. Also added touches of heavy white gesso through a stencil and darkened the edges with black ink. 


Using coloured pencils I enhanced the shadows on the flowers, then added touched of light with a white pen. Used die cuts, cheesecloth, black thread and straws made with book pages to build my composition, adding also some fussy cut flowers always from the same set.


Glued everything down, then added splashes of white and black ink,  green ribbon and a chipboard quote as final touches.

Here you can see more details...






Here's the supplies used, from the SCRAP & CRAFT Store:


As always I hope you enjoyed the project and thank you so much for stopping by...see you next time!

Kisses&Hugs!

Simo



2 comments :

  1. Fabulous tag and I just adore the watercolor background. Thanks for the tutorial!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it Tracey! Thank you so much for your sweet comment, dear friend! Huge hugs ❤

      Delete