Thursday 5 July 2018

"Dream of Being More" featuring Craft O'Clock Morning Dreams II with Tracey


Hello dear Scrap & Craft friends!

It's Tracey here with a new project for you. I created a two in one piece. It's an oversized mixed media graduation card, reinforced with an extra layer of 110lb cardstock so it can be placed on an easel to brighten up a mantel or desk. Rather than using a congratulations or graduation sentiment on the front, I stamped this inspirational sentiment that is perfect for a home decor piece as well as an encouragement to the graduate.

Tips and Techniques
The sweet floral cluster includes Magnolia Flowers, and Pale Pink Mulberry Roses from the Scrap & Craft Store. The gorgeous background paper is from the Craft O'Clock ~ Morning Dreams II Paper Collection. I also fussy cut flower images from the collection to layer under the cluster. The background and borders are stamped with Grille and Grille 3 Stamps from the store. I added a touch of teal pastels around the edges as well.

Bambino Glue dries clear and is just perfect for adhering texture with Prills and microbeads along with sequins, half pearls, and flakes of teal mica scattered onto the background.

From this angle you can see Pearl Stamens from the store that I tucked in under the rosebuds. I just adore the chipboard from Scrapiniec's Doily Lace Corner Set that I heat embossed in teal, then topped with another layer of blue glittered embossing powder. 

I collect odds and ends to use in my paper crafting from a variety of different sources. The decorative crystal and pearl stick pin is for wedding decor. I also tucked in a couple seashells I found at the shore on one of our vacations as well as a few flowers from my stash. A while back I crocheted some sweet little flowers and came across them recently. I couldn't resist adding one at the edge of the paper flowers.

The sentiment is stamped with permanent black ink onto watercolor paper. Once dry, I spritzed with water and brushed with watercolor paint, then tore around the words to expose the creamy white paper edges. Foam squares are used to raise up the sentiment so it sits nicely over the twine wrapped around the card.

I used light molding paste with the Studio75 Small Brick Stencil to add texture and when dry spritzed with color mist, then spattered with white ink.

I got artsy with these sweet summery dragonflies. They're stamped onto watercolor paper, then colored with blue and teal watercolors. It was a bit of extra work to fussy cut them, but well worth the effort! I wanted something shimmery, so added teal seed beads to the long slender bodies with Bambino Glue.

https://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

1 comment :

  1. Absolutely STUNNING Tracey!!! So full of beautiful details...love the bouquet that you created and those cute Dragonflies! Brava! Hugs xxx Simona

    ReplyDelete