Sunday 5 August 2018

Dimensional birthday card with "Daydream"~Lynne

Hi There! I fell in love with the colours and patterns in Lemoncraft's "Daydream" paper set as soon as I saw it and knew I wanted to use it for something special. There is nothing more special than my very best friend, so I used it to create a birthday card for her.


I wanted to use paper birthday sentiments rather than chipboard as I was afraid the weight would affect how well the card stood, and I was thrilled to see how beautifully the cut-aparts in the Kaisercraft "Wildflower" collection coordinated with the papers I used on my card; I think they look like they were made for each other (just like my bestie and me!)

I started with a 5-1/2 x 12" piece of white cardstock for the card base, folded and cut according to a pattern I found online, and added patterned paper after inking the edges in teal. I found that the wreath cutout in the upper right corner was a little floppy so I added a piece of clear plastic from some packaging behind it  to hold it in place. A few of the pretty, delicate Cherry Blossom foam flowers complete the look and added a bit of texture....and even with the flowers, my card folded flat enough to fit into an envelope!



These paper sets are a perfect size; I still have plenty left to create a layout! YAY!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful, colourful, creative week! xx
Lynne

2 comments :

  1. Wow wow wow!!! Lynne this card is absolutely amazing! You can see it has been made with love..hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful, vibrant card, sure to be treasured!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete