Thursday 2 August 2018

Industrial Masculine Tag Featuring Studio75 Cherry Blossom Collection with Tracey

Hello dear Scrap & Craft friends!

It's Tracey here to share a new project to inspire you. I enjoy getting grungy with masculine designs. This tag is a graduation gift for the son of a good friend. I just adore this senior portrait taken of him on a bridge with the industrial red beams. The tag board is rather large at 6 1/2" wide by 12" high so is a great home decor piece featuring the Studio75 Cherry Blossom Collection as well as chipboard, stamps, and brick stencil from the Scrap & Craft Store. A complete product list can be found below.


Tips and Techniques
I wanted to bring in a grungy industrial feel to go with the gorgeous bridge in the photo so the gears in the Scrapiniec Flying Hearts Set were just perfect. This is one long strip of gears that I cut to frame the corner of the photo. The chipboard was heat embossed with aged taupe enamel for an old metal feel. 

Around the tag edges, I stamped with the Grille and Grille 3 stamp with grey ink.

The Small Brick Stencil with molding paste is a perfect accent on the background. It's spritzed with silver/black and crimson color spray to highlight the texture. These colors were also used to add spatter texture. The dark paper behind the photo came from the 6x6" Studio75 Cherry Blossom Paper Set and was torn to size then inked to tone down the bright white edges.

The circle piece was diecut from chipboard and enameled with the aged taupe powder. I found a roll of back plastic mesh at a flea market that's great for masculine pieces. I cut and brushed a couple bits with art wax to tuck under the photo.

The small stars are from the Scrapiniec Confetti Stars Set. There are just a ton of little stars in this set that can be used so many different ways to go with any project. Here I brushed them with rust paste so they look like rusty metal.

I have a bag of rusty washers collected by my friend's husband who knows I adore rust. I just had to use them for their son's gift. At the bottom of the bag I noticed flakes and bits of rusty goodness. I brushed Bambino Glue around the washers and sprinkled the rusty bits into the glue for texture. The washer is topped with a barn star and gear. To make it look like the washer had rusted in place, I brushed some rust paste around the washer and spritzed with water.

More rusty goodness. A piece of chunky silver chain was brushed with more rust paste to color.

The tag background is from the 12x12" Studio75 Cherry Blossom Paper Set. I traced and cut the paper then used soft matte get to adhere the paper to the tag. Rolling with a brayer made sure the paper was adhered securely. Once the gel was completely dry, the edges were lightly sanded then inked.

This cool gear came from the Artistiko Cogs Set made from HDF board. I just adore the fabulous gear shapes in this set. It was heat embossed with metallic bronze powder with just a hint of black mixed in.


I hope you've been inspired to grab your Scrap & Craft supplies
and create something beautiful today.

~ Blessings ~
Tracey
https://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

4 comments :

  1. This tag is absolutely amazing Tracey... rusty goodness all over! Hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your delightful comment, Simona!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy - besides making gorgeous projects and cards, your photos are super sharp. Please e-mail or message me and would love to know what settings you have on your camera to get these wonderful photos and software to edit. Absolutely amazing and would love to get my cards to show up that sharp. Super thanks and hug

    ReplyDelete