Thursday 16 August 2018

"Shine Brightly" shabby mixed media card with Tracey

Hello dear Scrap & Craft friends!

It's Tracey back with a shabby mixed media card for your inspiration. I just adore playing with color, and this gorgeous teal green paper from the Studio75 Berry Copse 6x6" Paper Collection is a perfect backdrop for magenta and gold accents featuring chipboard and flowers from the Scrap & Craft Store.

 Tips and Techniques
I arranged the floral cluster around this gorgeous Craft Molly Zahia chipboard frame. I wanted a few white accents to add lightness to the card, so simply heat embossed the frame in white. I've used a couple flowers from the store including the delicate ivory rose tucked below the sentiment.

I colored a white Apple Blossom with color mist and paint to coordinate. Bambino Glue was brushed around the cluster to adhere art stones and seed beads for texture.

Additional texture was created by mixing gold mica powder into gel medium to stencil onto the background. While wet, I sprinkled with gold microbeads. Since gel medium can work as an adhesive the beads are well adhered to the card.

The Scrapiniec Confetti Hearts are so versatile! I added three layers of color before scattering them around the cluster. I started with a layer of teal embossing powder, followed by teal glitter embossing powder, then one edge is brushed with gold art wax. 

I also added pearls, rhinestones, and mica flakes from my stash adhered with Bambino Glue.

I backed the card front with a fabulous Studio75 15x15cm Blank Card. These white cards are super heavy and hold up the weight of all my embellishments perfectly.

The background is stamped randomly with a script stamp and edged with a leafy scrolled design, then spattered with white drawing ink. I've also tucked in leafy white die cuts and a couple metal pieces rubbed with amethyst art wax.

I hope you've been inspired to grab your Scrap & Craft supplies
and create something beautiful today.

~ Blessings ~

2 comments :

  1. Tracey I love this beautiful card...the cluster, the colours combo...everything is combined so perfectly! Hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your delightful comment, Simona!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete